Monday, May 18, 2009

Where Is The Walkman After The Apocalypse?

I am alkaline, the
Inexorable chase.
Moss-pitted, I sit unused,
Regal head slotted to one side
And in all the fantasy chase
Science;
I chase Science
With all the fury of darkness
With all the ease
With all the--
Oh, Science! I am
Alkaline
Antediluvian
Anthropomorphic--
Chemistry on two legs,
Sonorous note to the dim tide,
You listen!--
In Stockholm once
Did I writhe under your aim
Did I sit while you bore--
I long again to be held fast,
For water to pour out my side;
Tremendously used, I shall expire.
Science, what did you do those
Three days?
In the moment I blinked,
You were gone.
Left me--
Mephistopheles.

-Boulder
November 1996

1 comment:

  1. Seriously... how did I not know how creative you could be!? For whatever reason your page isn't feeding into my reader... lucky for me I stopped by!

    ReplyDelete